The Birmingham News
A man who fled police in Midfield and later crashed a stolen car into a pickup truck in Brighton, killing a grandmother, has been charged with murder, authorities said Wednesday. Marvin Leonard Brown, 29 of Bessemer, remained in the Jefferson County Jail Wednesday night.
Authorities said Brown led Midfield police on a chase on the afternoon of March 4. Moments after police lost sight of Brown and called off the chase, he crashed the car into a truck at 48th Street and Huntsville Avenue, killing Willie Lee Williams, 86. Brown and Williams' grandson were also injured in the crash.
Brown, who had several outstanding warrants when he fled police, is charged with murder in Williams' death and first-degree assault in her grandson's injury. Bonds on the two charges totaled $90,000
Thursday, March 12, 2009
- Man flees police leaving infant in car
- Man indicted on quadruple killings in Hueytown
- Midfield Man Charged with Murder will Have Hearing...
- Lambda Zeta Zeta Helps the Needy in 2008
- Flying the Friendly Skies
- Accused Killer Remains in Jail
- Fairfield Woman Injured By Gunshots
- Emergency Hearing for Quadruple Murder Suspect
- Multiple Car Wreck Kills One
- Bessemer Plans to Open New Landfill, Old One Close...
- UPDATE: Headstone
- House of Hope Here and Abroad
- Literacy Program Gives Kids an Even Start
- Census Bureau opened Jefferson County office for 2...
- Alabama Adeventure Gets a Makeover
- Midfield Man Charged with Murder
- Quadruple Murder in Hueytown Sends Shock Wave
- McAdory Fire District Cleans Up
- Bessemer Fire Department Welcomes Two New Engines
- U.S. Pipe Moves Screening Location
- Mayor May weighs in on City Budget
- Bessemer City Budget Approved
- Bessemer Red Cross
- Bessemer Library Has it All
- And the Award Goes To...
- Bessemer Home Repairs
- The Foundry Gets Socked
- ▼ March (27)