A preliminary hearing is set for April 7 for the 29-year-old Midfield man who is accused of taking police on a chase that ended in a crash that killed an 86-year-old grandmother.
Marvin Leonard Brown was charged with murder, first degree assault, obstructing justice and receiving stolen property. He is in the Jefferson County Jail in Bessemer on bonds totaling to $115,000.
Police said Brown led Midfield police on a chase in a stolen car on March 4. After police lost sight of Brown and called off the chase, he crashed the car into a truck at 48th Street and Huntsville Avenue, killing Willie Lee Williams, 86. William's grandson, Christopher Williams was injured in the crash. Brown's hearing will be in the Jefferson County District Court in Bessemer.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
- Man flees police leaving infant in car
- Man indicted on quadruple killings in Hueytown
- Midfield Man Charged with Murder will Have Hearing...
- Lambda Zeta Zeta Helps the Needy in 2008
- Flying the Friendly Skies
- Accused Killer Remains in Jail
- Fairfield Woman Injured By Gunshots
- Emergency Hearing for Quadruple Murder Suspect
- Multiple Car Wreck Kills One
- Bessemer Plans to Open New Landfill, Old One Close...
- UPDATE: Headstone
- House of Hope Here and Abroad
- Literacy Program Gives Kids an Even Start
- Census Bureau opened Jefferson County office for 2...
- Alabama Adeventure Gets a Makeover
- Midfield Man Charged with Murder
- Quadruple Murder in Hueytown Sends Shock Wave
- McAdory Fire District Cleans Up
- Bessemer Fire Department Welcomes Two New Engines
- U.S. Pipe Moves Screening Location
- Mayor May weighs in on City Budget
- Bessemer City Budget Approved
- Bessemer Red Cross
- Bessemer Library Has it All
- And the Award Goes To...
- Bessemer Home Repairs
- The Foundry Gets Socked
- ▼ March (27)