Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Bessemer Home Repairs
Bessemer is one of five cities and two counties in Alabama that receives Community Development Block Grant funding each year for home repairs for qualified homeowners. The program alos provides assistance to the elderly and disabled thourgh deferred loans and also for medical related and emergency related home repairs in the form of grants. Loans are up to $35,000 for the qualified homeowners with an interest rate of 3%. For the disabled there is an emergency grant program and improvements can reach $5,000 and does not have to be repaid.
Posted by THE WESTERN STAR Ashley Smith at 10:28 AM
- Man flees police leaving infant in car
- Man indicted on quadruple killings in Hueytown
- Midfield Man Charged with Murder will Have Hearing...
- Lambda Zeta Zeta Helps the Needy in 2008
- Flying the Friendly Skies
- Accused Killer Remains in Jail
- Fairfield Woman Injured By Gunshots
- Emergency Hearing for Quadruple Murder Suspect
- Multiple Car Wreck Kills One
- Bessemer Plans to Open New Landfill, Old One Close...
- UPDATE: Headstone
- House of Hope Here and Abroad
- Literacy Program Gives Kids an Even Start
- Census Bureau opened Jefferson County office for 2...
- Alabama Adeventure Gets a Makeover
- Midfield Man Charged with Murder
- Quadruple Murder in Hueytown Sends Shock Wave
- McAdory Fire District Cleans Up
- Bessemer Fire Department Welcomes Two New Engines
- U.S. Pipe Moves Screening Location
- Mayor May weighs in on City Budget
- Bessemer City Budget Approved
- Bessemer Red Cross
- Bessemer Library Has it All
- And the Award Goes To...
- Bessemer Home Repairs
- The Foundry Gets Socked
- ▼ March (27)