Scott Lamar Abbott has been indicted on the March 7 killings in Hueytown, according to the Bessemer District Attorney's office. Chief Assistant District Attorney Bill Veitch said today that a grand jury indicted 24-year-old Abbott on five counts of capital murder in the deaths of William Chad Gilbert, 31; Jeri Lynn Cole, 27; Nika Sandlin, 24; and Joshua Gilleo, 26.
Abbott faces one count of capital murder for killing more than one person and another four counts for killing the four victims during the commission of a burglary. Abbott is next expected in court for an arraignment. A date for his arraignment has not been set.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
- Man flees police leaving infant in car
- Man indicted on quadruple killings in Hueytown
- Midfield Man Charged with Murder will Have Hearing...
- Lambda Zeta Zeta Helps the Needy in 2008
- Flying the Friendly Skies
- Accused Killer Remains in Jail
- Fairfield Woman Injured By Gunshots
- Emergency Hearing for Quadruple Murder Suspect
- Multiple Car Wreck Kills One
- Bessemer Plans to Open New Landfill, Old One Close...
- UPDATE: Headstone
- House of Hope Here and Abroad
- Literacy Program Gives Kids an Even Start
- Census Bureau opened Jefferson County office for 2...
- Alabama Adeventure Gets a Makeover
- Midfield Man Charged with Murder
- Quadruple Murder in Hueytown Sends Shock Wave
- McAdory Fire District Cleans Up
- Bessemer Fire Department Welcomes Two New Engines
- U.S. Pipe Moves Screening Location
- Mayor May weighs in on City Budget
- Bessemer City Budget Approved
- Bessemer Red Cross
- Bessemer Library Has it All
- And the Award Goes To...
- Bessemer Home Repairs
- The Foundry Gets Socked
- ▼ March (27)