Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Bessemer City Budget Approved
On March 3, the City Council approved the budget after four months of being submitted. Some of the council members felt that the mayor's revenue forecast was unrealistic said councilman Jimmy Stevens. Ninety percent of the budget was approved and will be reviewed again on June 15.
Posted by THE WESTERN STAR Ashley Smith at 1:33 PM
- Man flees police leaving infant in car
- Man indicted on quadruple killings in Hueytown
- Midfield Man Charged with Murder will Have Hearing...
- Lambda Zeta Zeta Helps the Needy in 2008
- Flying the Friendly Skies
- Accused Killer Remains in Jail
- Fairfield Woman Injured By Gunshots
- Emergency Hearing for Quadruple Murder Suspect
- Multiple Car Wreck Kills One
- Bessemer Plans to Open New Landfill, Old One Close...
- UPDATE: Headstone
- House of Hope Here and Abroad
- Literacy Program Gives Kids an Even Start
- Census Bureau opened Jefferson County office for 2...
- Alabama Adeventure Gets a Makeover
- Midfield Man Charged with Murder
- Quadruple Murder in Hueytown Sends Shock Wave
- McAdory Fire District Cleans Up
- Bessemer Fire Department Welcomes Two New Engines
- U.S. Pipe Moves Screening Location
- Mayor May weighs in on City Budget
- Bessemer City Budget Approved
- Bessemer Red Cross
- Bessemer Library Has it All
- And the Award Goes To...
- Bessemer Home Repairs
- The Foundry Gets Socked
- ▼ March (27)